Feb 4, 2015

Not a prepper? Are you ready for lifes road bumps?






Even if you do not buy into all the different reasons for being a prepper you may want to at least stockpile for  everyday reasons like job loss or a pay cut, illness or even an unexpected large bill.
 Look up the unemployment rate in you state HERE
Even having to replace a refrigerator of other large appliance can hurt ones budget.

If you lose your job for what ever reason it could be a year or two before you get another one. If you end up out of work on comp or disability for what ever reason can you live on unemployment or disability? or welfare and food stamps for 2 years? NO! This can be the kiss of death to a pay check to paycheck family.

But if you do some basic prepping it may just save you!

I had to an unexpected stomach issue that landed me in bed for weeks at a time spanning  several surgery's.  And my stockpile was my saving grace. Although my employer did still pay me every week (I am a very lucky person) I still had the issue of getting around for a good period of time. But I found that I had everything I needed. Just had to pay the bills.

STOCKING UP ON THINGS LIKE:
  • Shampoo and other hygiene products
  • TP
  • Cleaning products (which can not be bought with food stamps) 
  • Canned soups  
  • Drink mixes  
  • Vegetables
  • Canned meat like chicken and tuna
  • Solar charged battery's 
 This list can go on....it all depends on you and your family's needs, likes ect.

 EXAMPLE:  My biggest prep for this is COFFEE sugar and powdered creamer!!!!! I have several years worth :) And with the market the way it is, I invested in it and have already saved. I use a K cup now but have my stove top pot ready to roll for hard times, what ever they maybe. BECAUSE I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT COFFEE!

Remember to always keep in mind, meals and per person when stockpiling food.  And always check the date on canned goods to get longer shelf life.

These things can and will be the very things that will help you survive a job loss or illness.  Having a stock pile can help you keep the bills paid and keep you mentally healthy during a trying time. Also remember starting a new job may mean taking a lower paying job.  So learning to live on less before having to really do so can save you.

LEARN TO COUPON NOW!! 
Couponing is an art that takes time to learn, but learning it before hard times can help you stretch that dollar and help you be able to have a stockpile before you need it without costing you anymore money.
I have some of the basic how to's on couponing on this page Click Here

People say that using coupons or stockpiling is too time consuming.  Looking back on that I am thankful that I took the time to learn and  have a stockpile.
people say that using coupons or stockpiling is too time consuming.  Looking back on that I am thankful that I took the time - See more at: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2014/03/how-to-survive-job-loss-by-living-off-your-stockpile/#sthash.lzlXNICl.dpuf

people say that using coupons or stockpiling is too time consuming.  Looking back on that I am thankful that I took the time - See more at: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2014/03/how-to-survive-job-loss-by-living-off-your-stockpile/#sthash.lzlXNICl.dpuf
people say that using coupons or stockpiling is too time consuming.  Looking back on that I am thankful that I took the time - See more at: http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2014/03/how-to-survive-job-loss-by-living-off-your-stockpile/#sthash.lzlXNICl.dpuf
AND DON"T FORGET! 
 What I did was walked around my house and looked into all those draws and corners and made a list of those things that I would miss the most if hard times came and added them to my stockpile. 
  • Other things to have on hand are extra printer paper, envelopes, printer ink and forever stamps (for resumes). 
  • And last but not least....those special things that you will miss in hard times. Things like your favorite perfume or makeup (which I get free with coupons) or Candy (which I put in Mylar bags so they will stay fresh for a long time). Or any other little comfort items you may think of. 
  •  Even having  emergency garden seeds stocked ready to go.
FIRST AID SUPPLY'S TO HAVE ON HAND
Here is a printable basic first aid supply list pdf (at Scribd) Click Here  Also note that I added a link to a great pdf

Handbook of Basic Nursing  Click Here PDF
Medical hard times can happen to anyone! Just when you least expect it! Be ready because most insurance company's now a day make you get over the counter stuff even if the doctor writes a prescription for it. So that will be an unexpected out of pocket cost that you can be prepared for. 
 




And the song I have to end this with is  .....G love and the Special sauce-This ain't living 


No comments :

Post a Comment