Feb 10, 2015

Herb of the Week - PLANTAIN


I am setting this up on a separate blog that will eventually 
be an easy to use resource down the line.
So click the link below to see it uses and bookmark the blog for weekly installments.

I will be posting an herb of the week every Tuesday. I find it is easy to remember things like this when you get them in small doses.

This is weed I have spent  weekends yanking out of my lawn....now they live free among the grass.


PLANTAIN

 Leaves are broad, ovaloid, toothed, and ribbed. Grooved stalk. Flowers are small, white, whorled and numerous. the root is fibrous. Plantains contain substances which might help decrease pain and swelling (inflammation), decrease mucous (phlegm) production, and open airways. It might also be able to kill bacteria and fungi. Approved for use in Europe due to broncho dialation effects, and proven as an antimicrobial.







Songs for this post has to be Down With Disease - Phish




No comments :

Post a Comment