Coffee can survival kit for winter drivingYou easily can equip your vehicle with essential survival gear for winter. Here's what you'll need:
- A 2 or 3 pound metal coffee can (punch 3 holes at the top of can, equal distance apart). You'll be storing the other items inside the can.
- 60-inch length of twine or heavy string (cut into 3 equal pieces - used to suspend can).
- 3 large safety pins (tie string to safety pins and pin to car roof interior to suspend can over candle).
- 1 candle 2" diameter (place on lid under suspended can for melting snow).
- 1 pocket knife, reasonably sharp (or substitute with scissors).
- 3 pieces of bright cloth 2" wide x 36" long (tie to antenna or door handle).
- Several packets of soup, hot chocolate, tea, bouillon cubes, etc. (mixed into melted snow to provide warmth and nutrition).
- Plastic spoon.
- 1 small package of peanuts and/or a couple protein/energy bars, some dried fruit (such as dried cranberries, which come in nicely sealed snack packs), and even a little chocolate, to provide you with some energy or comfort in stressful times.
- 1 pair of socks and 1 pair of gloves or glove liners, depending on what will fit in the can (cotton is not recommended because it provides no insulation when wet).
- 2 packages of book matches.
- 1 sun shield blanket or 2 large green or black plastic leaf bags (to reflect body heat).
- 1 pen light and batteries (keep separate).
Other items you may want to keep in the vehicle:
- A charged cell phone.
- Large plastic garbage bag.
- Pencil stub and paper.
- Plastic whistle.
credit goes to the state of Wisconsin for this post
You can also make that can into a cooking pot for the fire and then pack your kit into it
or cook on a coffee can stove. Put a Sterno under it or a little fire you can feel through he bottom.
building block form
.You can always make I giant communication system with a bunch of them.....just kidding
ok good song but not really about the post but since the post is about a coffee can I went with a song about coffee. You have to listen to it!! It is totally me. I am all about a real cup of freak'n regular coffee!!!