These are easy!
If you plan on making a batch to last, use distilled water
- Distilled water
- witch hazel or rubbing alcohol
- The best dried herbs are: Peppermint, Spearmint, Citronella, Lemongrass, Catnip, Lavender, Sage and Rosemary. I have most of these in the flower garden!
- Boil 1 cup of water and then add 3-4-5 TBSP of dried herbs. You can mix and match the listed herbs.
- Mix well, cover and let cool. (cover so the good stuff does not steam out!)
- Strain out the herbs out
- Mix herb water with 1 cup of witch hazel or rubbing alcohol.
- Put in spray bottle.
-You can really just rub fresh or dried leaves of anything in the mint family all over skin to repel insects.
-Also try Cedarwood, pine (the old women near me swears by it!)
Marigolds, now I grow these bad boys all over because they keep ants and creepys away. And because they are easy to save the seeds and replant every year. Dry some for your bug repellants it give is a nice smell and yes repels bugs.
Here is a list of plants that are repellents and what they repel CLICK HERE
Don't forget your yard and garden to!!
And the song for this post is...
Bugs - Pearl Jam