Feb 18, 2015

Prepper Uses for Wire Coat Hangers







I came across this meme and it made me think what other things can you do with these wonderful wire hangers.



In my life  I can remember using them for

  • To hold my first cars muffler up
  • Unlock that car door after locking the keys in it
  • I still use it to clean clogged drains
  • TP hanger in my privy tent for camping. 
  • Bubble wand (still do because I love bubbles)




 



But what other things can you do with them...



 You can make a monkey fist Click Here to see how



 4 Prong Spear



I left the tent stacks home once and we were able to make them out of a few dry cleaning hangers in my friends trunk. 






Fishing hooks....just sharpen the end on a stone. If you want to take a little more time you can get a bit of a barb to the hook.



Dry your herbs




Dowsing rods Click Here for how to




You may need an antenna to boost your range on radios and (free digital TV)



Blow gun darts!! Click Here


With a little patients and a hammer and a small nail you can make needles.


Use them as filling rods in welding





No kill mouse trap Click Here





Emergency clamp for car hoses.




Make hooks for smoking meat.




Make a mini portable grill



make a tool to cook over a campfire



Make a frame to hang a bottle for a planter or a make shift water filter



Kilt pin, great for caring or organizing small gear. and can be used as a safety pin, you can make these bigger or smaller. I have actually done this when the button fell off my dress pants. Worked like a charm





Song for this post will be Rogue Wave, Bird On A Wire


2 comments :

  1. J.S. Hanger Coat Hangers from Bizarkdeal

    Are you hanging your expensive coats on freebie wire hangers that you get from the dry cleaner? Or are you trying to upgrade with the nicest thing they sell at Target? If you want top quality hangers for your top quality clothing, these are an excellent option. They are honestly the best in my closet, and they do a great job of holding heavier items such as my long wool winter coat and thick down jacket.
    The hangers themselves are beautifully finished beechwood hangars. The arms of the hanger are rounded over the top, and the finish is completely smooth. Some lower quality wood hangars have rough spots or even exposed joints, but this hangar is smooth and finished well all around to avoid snagging on your nice clothes. The metal hanger on top swivels easily as well.
    These are top quality hangers and certainly recommended.

    ReplyDelete